Tuesday, Jul. 05, 2022

Where can I find tax credits for higher education?

There are two tax credits available for 2012 to help you offset the costs of higher education. Under the American Opportunity Credit, a credit of up to $2,500 may be claimed for qualified education expenses paid for each eligible student. The Lifetime Learning Tax Credit provides for a maximum $2,000 per year, and is available for any year of post secondary education including graduate work.

Read more about tax benefits for education in this guide from TurboTax.

View more questions, articles or lists.